23. What documents do I need to have to be in Mexico for me and my vessel?
You’ll need to have the current documents and paperwork mentioned below — both the originals and copies:
- The original of your vessel documentation — with current stamp — , state registration or Notarized Bill of Sale.
- Temporary Import Permit (TIP)
- Passports for the entire crew.
- Mexican “Tourist Cards” (Forma Migratoria Multiple or FMM)
- Proof of liability Insurance — mostly only required by marinas.
- Fishing Permits even if you’re just carrying fishing gear it’s a good idea to have them. www.sportfishingbcs.gob.mx
- Crew List showing your International clear in.
- Notarized permission letter for children who are minors if they are not accompanied by both their parents — muy importante!
- Letter of Authorization if a captain is to be left in charge of the boat